Saturday, June 16, 2007





Cape town with its fabled Table Mountain was my final destination. Not that I ever got to see Table Mountain mind you. I had the only "bad" weather here of the entire trip. As is typical for Cape Town due to its position near the meeting point of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans, the weather was cool and rainy. Table mountain wore a veiling cloud, known locally as the "table cloth" the entire time I was there. Not being a person that is overly fond of large cities, I decided to jump into my car and head for Cape Point National Park which is on a peninsula heading south from Cape Town. The drive along the coast down and back gave breath taking views, and Cape Point with its lighthouse and dramatic shoreline provided additional spectacular scenery. Along the way I stopped to check out a colony of African Penguins which are one of the few species of penguins that live on continental shores outside of Antartica.

No comments: